Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Long long day

The bird died. I just finished my post on FB about the Death of our Bird, but right now I'm sitting here feeling a little dishonest. I made it sound like I'm really broken about Whitey's (not after the gangster, he was white, Katy was four and very literal,) demise. Truth is I feel really bad that in the middle of a very busy day our bird keeled over in the bottom of his cage and my greatest concern was finding a box big enough to put his body. 
If you are reading this and thinking about getting a pet, think hard. Animals are messy. Sometimes, if you are lucky, and sometimes if you are not, they live a long, long time. They might bite you, or ignore you, or poop in your shoes. And you need to make sure that even if you are willing to put up with all of this, that you will have time for him or her. 
We didn't really have enough time for Whitey. I won't make the same mistake again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment